It is currently 18. Oct 2017, 08:23  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
FollowersFollowers: 1
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 7717

Twitch.tv WE NEED STREAMERS! 
AuthorMessage
Loyalist

Unread post Re: Twitch.tv WE NEED STREAMERS!
Nightfly - there is a huge difference in between 720p and 1080p, especially to people who have screens from 24'' to 27'' big.
Then again, 720p is completely acceptable, because people can still see what you're doing, and what's happening, but everything will be slightly blurry for them, and there may be some artifacting.

But if you have to choose inbetween 1080p@30fps and 720p@60fps. Always take 720p.

3. Aug 2013, 07:36
Profile Send private message E-mail
The Only Person With A Brain

Olazaika wrote:
Nightfly - there is a huge difference in between 720p and 1080p, especially to people who have screens from 24'' to 27'' big.
Then again, 720p is completely acceptable, because people can still see what you're doing, and what's happening, but everything will be slightly blurry for them, and there may be some artifacting.

But if you have to choose inbetween 1080p@30fps and 720p@60fps. Always take 720p.

No, there is no difference on screens smaller than 36" (At 42" you can sit at a "healthy" distance). The only way human eyes can discern a difference between 720p and 1080p on say, a 42" TV is if you sit closer than 5 feet from the TV. If you sit farther than 5 feet back, then it's physically impossible for almost all people to see a difference. And then for you to say that there is a "huge" difference? Sure, in file size. (And this is coming from someone who always watches in 1080p)

You can just do a simple Google search and you'll see I'm right.

3. Aug 2013, 13:50
Loyalist

Dude, I've streamed and watched many streams over the days - and I can say that on this question - you're wrong.

If the person is using a even a 24" monitor, and sitting the healthy distance of about an arms length - he can see the difference pretty clearly.

Not saying that 720p is bad - heck, I usually stream at that resolution.

Also - who the fuck sits 5 feet away from theyr computer? Seriously, that's 1.5 meters - I've personally never seen a person watch a stream like that.

Ninja edit : Also, while what you're saying applies to the TV scene, where 1080p and 720p are almost exactly the same - that does not apply to computers. People usually sit an arms length away from theyr monitor, and the most common screen size for gamers is 24"-27" (i.e. 1920x1080).

7. Aug 2013, 11:10
The Only Person With A Brain

Olazaika wrote:
Dude, I've streamed and watched many streams over the days - and I can say that on this question - you're wrong.

If the person is using a even a 24" monitor, and sitting the healthy distance of about an arms length - he can see the difference pretty clearly.

Not saying that 720p is bad - heck, I usually stream at that resolution.

Also - who the fuck sits 5 feet away from theyr computer? Seriously, that's 1.5 meters - I've personally never seen a person watch a stream like that.

Ninja edit : Also, while what you're saying applies to the TV scene, where 1080p and 720p are almost exactly the same - that does not apply to computers. People usually sit an arms length away from theyr monitor, and the most common screen size for gamers is 24"-27" (i.e. 1920x1080).

I generally always play games on my TV screen, but even on my PC monitor the difference between 1080p and 720p is, negligible. The trade off between image quality and stream quality isn't worth it if someone has trouble streaming in 1080p. Most streams aren't true FullHD anyways, so why even bother with it?

And I sit nearly 5ft away from my computer monitor. It's plenty big enough to see and my eyes don't start burning after a gaming marathon!

7. Aug 2013, 13:32
Loyalist

Ah, I guess in your situation the difference between 720p and 1080p is miniscule, so there's no point for you to even bother.

Most people (IMHO) sit near the computer, sometimes even too close to it. And they can see the difference in quality between 720p and 1080p.

Nevertheless - if the choice had to be made - 720p@60fps < 1080p@30fps.

7. Aug 2013, 15:31
Soul-devouring rainbow cupcake

Well horas, for the viewer it doesnt matter if it's 60 or 30 fps, but for the player it's a HUGE difference. So always use what u prefer personally, then care about the viewers.

7. Aug 2013, 18:16
Profile Send private message E-mail Visit website
Loyalist

It depends on the viewer in question IMHO. Some people can differentiate between 30 and 60 fps.

7. Aug 2013, 19:41
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next