It is currently 16. Aug 2018, 02:05  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ] Go to page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 14337

Soo... to put all rumors and discussions to rest 
AuthorMessage
Malfunction's super awesome VIP usergroup with administrative permissions user rank

Unread post Soo... to put all rumors and discussions to rest
I have talked with a bunch of guys about this, about fixing LmAo, and i propose a solution. But, in the spirit of LmAo, i first wish to know your opinion, as member on the matter. What i am proposing is a speed fix. I have no intention of taking my time with the main issues LmAo is currently experiencing. But i do wish to have a more solid, and reliable crew to help out. No exceptions, not even for me will be made. I am aware of the mistakes i have made, and apologize for them. But i do feel glad that, even though it took me leaving, i now see more initiative from all of you and know now that the passion is there to get LmAo back up and running. However, some radical changes will have to be made. So this is what i propose:

To fix LmAo we will:

Step 1:
-Demote everybody but a select few, who not only wish to be in charge, but who can promise to do the actual work. And can accept the fact that if they cannot perform their duty's, they will be demoted.
-Ask for our members to pay a monthly fee, atm we are financially dependent on Sagopa, this needs to change.
-Temporarily adapt a new structure, where only a few will do everything, and we will find more people to help out, where the top leaders will push and push them, and if no result is attained, then will be demoted fast.
-Fix communications between one another, too many assumptions by others (and me) have been made, we need to communicate more clearly.
-Clanmeeting EVERY WEEKEND! We need to discuss ALL issues as a collective, value everyone's opinion and take said opinion into consideration. If we wish to fix LmAo, we need to work as a collective.

Step 2:
-Bring back events. With everybody paying a small monthly fee, we should even be able to give out steam wallet rewards in either the form of games, or simple charges to it, this was always the plan, yet, we never got to it.
-Recruit more members in the games we choose. And do more to keep said members.
-Work more on a decent leader structure, and go back to the old 'LmAo' way, where democracy and freedom of choice are valued above all others, only, find a way that it can work. However this will be we will have to discuss in the clan meetings.

Step 3:
-Find the time again to play allot, and disperse the duty's even more, and thus, decreasing the workload of all leaders.
-Once we attain more members, the monthly fee can hopefully become a choice. We will then create a LmAo silver and LmAo gold account status, where members can pay to gain access to our rented game servers such as we have done with MineCraft. This way, we can grow even further. Off course, this will have to work on a donation system, otherwise we will have to start pay taxes.

If you have anything to add or change, please feel free to say so below. I need more perspectives on this since this is just my way of creating a fix, and more minds on the matter can only be a good thing.

Also, let me know if you support this, and are willing to accept the changes.

7. Aug 2013, 11:01
Profile Send private message E-mail
Experienced member

Unread post Re: Soo... to put all rumors and discussions to rest
Quote:
-Ask for our members to pay a monthly fee, atm we are financially dependent on Sagopa, this needs to change.

Can you tell us aproximately how much would it be?

Quote:
-Fix communications between one another, too many assumptions by others (and me) have been made, we need to communicate more clearly.

No offense to anyone, but i agree heavily on this one, the lack of respect between chain lines exists, also you guys argue too openly :D

Quote:
Clanmeeting EVERY WEEKEND! We need to discuss ALL issues as a collective, value everyone's opinion and take said opinion into consideration. If we wish to fix LmAo, we need to work as a collective.

Sometimes its hard to do these meetings as you prolly know by now, what if we would just have a section for new lmao important discusions... And allow people to talk....We just need to make'em use forums :)

Step two is rather all good :).

So is step 3.

Extra questions:
-When will appliactions be open?
-List of admin spots available?
-Reduction of focused games?

With all due respect Malf. I am aware of why are you trying to make fees, but you didn't explain it more detaily,allow me.
Such fees will be used for all the gaming servers we own or will own . For TS3 server, and all the online needs such as online storage/host and domen. As well for other improvments of LmAo.
Anyhow ,wish to ask you rather important question... If one wishes to start with fees (which is totally fair) there must be some sort of guarantee that it will work.
On the side note, i support this.

7. Aug 2013, 12:39
The Only Person With A Brain

I agree with pretty much everything, sounds like a good plan to get going and move towards improving the clan. I however don't agree with the monthly fee. I'll be honest and say that I'm simply not willing to pay to be in a community/clan and I'm sure that having a monthly fee won't bring in many members. Of course I realize and understand that we can't keep depending on Sagopa, but a monthly fee might do more harm than good. Keep in mind that a lot of gamers have had a bad experience with clan leaders receiving money and then taking off with it. I've heard about it happening so many times. There's got to be another solution...

Off-topic; Malfunction, my apologies for what happened between us. I actually feel pretty bad about it because you're a cool guy, I never expected the discussion to blow up the way it did. But hey, it happened. At least we got to air out our dirty laundry and I don't feel like punching you in the face ;)

7. Aug 2013, 13:26
Soul-devouring rainbow cupcake

Monthly fee and I'm out. And also, i won't play more i guess, but i'd work more for LmAo.. The rest seems nice, but HOW do u want to fix the communication issue and what about the reduction of official games and recruitment improvements? For recruiting, i'd suggest a certain date where we all meet, just like in the clan meeting and recruit then. Worked well in BLR as well.

7. Aug 2013, 14:02
Profile Send private message E-mail Visit website
Loyalist

The monthly fee isn't the worst of ideas... but it isn't great.

We'd lose a lot of potential clan members just because of that - and some members would just be forced to quit.

I think we should just start with the special services for those who donate - maybe special rankings or servers? Would be pretty nice.

7. Aug 2013, 15:45
Malfunction's super awesome VIP usergroup with administrative permissions user rank

Nightfly wrote:
I agree with pretty much everything, sounds like a good plan to get going and move towards improving the clan. I however don't agree with the monthly fee. I'll be honest and say that I'm simply not willing to pay to be in a community/clan and I'm sure that having a monthly fee won't bring in many members. Of course I realize and understand that we can't keep depending on Sagopa, but a monthly fee might do more harm than good. Keep in mind that a lot of gamers have had a bad experience with clan leaders receiving money and then taking off with it. I've heard about it happening so many times. There's got to be another solution...

Off-topic; Malfunction, my apologies for what happened between us. I actually feel pretty bad about it because you're a cool guy, I never expected the discussion to blow up the way it did. But hey, it happened. At least we got to air out our dirty laundry and I don't feel like punching you in the face ;)

Apology not needed, but if you insist, i too will apologize, since we both lost control (again) about little matters xD. Anyway, lets see if we can avoid this in the distant and immediate future.

About the fee, yeah, its a suggestion, its all i can come up as a fair solution, since we tried voluntary donation, that was a fail, we tried to make some sorts of gold rank for donating, that didn't work since the perks gotten from that gold rank where simply too minor...

So keep brainstorming, and lets see if, we, as a collective can come to a both reasonable and working solution.

7. Aug 2013, 16:44
Loyalist

What if we made 2 types of members - paying ones and non-paying ones.

People who pay get the access to all the servers we host, and perhaps a special subforum in the forums?

Or what about only those who actually pay or contribute greatly can win great prizes in events? And those who don't contribute or pay can only win minor ones?

7. Aug 2013, 18:05
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ] Go to page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next