It is currently 16. Dec 2017, 11:11  

FollowersFollowers: 1
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 5642

Discussion: New Ruleset 
AuthorMessage
The Only Person With A Brain

Unread post Re: New Ruleset
I'm laughing my ass off at the rule of having to opt out of every clan event. "Honey wait, I'll be down for dinner in a minute. I have to let the clan know that I can't make it to the gaming event!". How about I let you guys know when I can make it? Also, there can be times for people where they don't have a microphone available and they then think it's pointless to log on to TeamSpeak (which it is, why isn't having a microphone a requirement? They cost 5 bucks) but still play a game or two. What's so bad about that?

And why is this posted in the "General" section? This seems to be more catered towards BL:R at the end. And when are there going to be some clear forum rules?

All-in-all, I applaud the effort.

21. Apr 2013, 17:13
Profile Send private message E-mail
Ultimate Asshole

Activity part of the rule set should be one of the two. TeamSpeak or Forum. TS preferably.

Squad part of the rule set. I still think that Having a mic is the only way to participate in any type of scrim/event and should be a mandatory thing. Then again who am i to judge how sht is being run.

22. Apr 2013, 04:19
Soul-devouring rainbow cupcake

Nightfly wrote:
I'm laughing my ass off at the rule of having to opt out of every clan event. "Honey wait, I'll be down for dinner in a minute. I have to let the clan know that I can't make it to the gaming event!". How about I let you guys know when I can make it?

Well, look what we've done before; Told ppl to tell us if they'll attend the event and there were at most 2 ppl actually doing that. This way, we find out who would be there if they could, because they might care about it and it's the only way to find out who r the ppl who obviously don't wanna be a part of this community at all. Ofc, this might work, or it might not work, but i can tell u that if ppl wouldn't change their behavior, there'll be 3/4 of our members kicked who would still be in there if we just wanted them to tell us if they'll be there.

Nightfly wrote:
... Also, there can be times for people where they don't have a microphone available and they then think it's pointless to log on to TeamSpeak (which it is, why isn't having a microphone a requirement? They cost 5 bucks) but still play a game or two. What's so bad about that?

Ofc, it makes things more difficult than in a situation where everybody has a microphone. However, it's still way easier than if they wouldn't be on teamspeak at all. Just imagine this situation, which actually happened to me quite often: I'm walking around the map, killing ppl n stuff and then suddenly i'm on my way to an elevator, not noticing the mine above. Now, one of the guys on teamspeak who actually had a mic told me about that, and i avoided dying. Also, it's alot easier to communicate for both; The one who's got no mic doesn't have to read the chat all the time and be distracted by it and die, which happens quite alot when reading while playing, and the one having a mic doesn't have to type everything and risk the possibility of being type killed.
Now, what i actually think about teamspeak with an international clan, ofc, there'll be ppl having mics but they wouldn't necessarily talk, simply because they feel like there english skills wouldn't be enough. But when listening to others for a while, u get more confident and learn way more than u would when just visiting school. So why wouldn't u let them have a chance to learn? Btw, i'm not entirely sure, but what i've heard already, i doubt 5 bucks would be enough to avoid being annoyed by the person talking after half an hour xD

Nightfly wrote:
And when are there going to be some clear forum rules?

At first i thought no discimination and activity would be enough, but you're right, there should be more rules just for the forums, and i'll add them later when i'm back.

Gambl3 wrote:
Activity part of the rule set should be one of the two. TeamSpeak or Forum. TS preferably.

Why not both? If you're just on teamspeak, u barely get to know of all the events, suggestions, discussions and everything. Also, u never know what other ppl suggested or stated in discussions if you're not online at the same time. And if you're just on the forums, this won't really help improving the feel of a community, instead, it's just people having a certain different opinion each, but not having a personality.

Gambl3 wrote:

Squad part of the rule set. I still think that Having a mic is the only way to participate in any type of scrim/event and should be a mandatory thing.

Yea, that's what i've been thinking about this morning too, and i'll add a proper wording for that rule later when i'm back. But thnx for reminding me, i might have forgotten this again already xD

Gambl3 wrote:
Then again who am i to judge how sht is being run.

Well, i know, not long ago the democracy was not exactly present, even if there wasn't much stuff which was to be discussed, but we're really trying to change this again, or else there would not have been that statement "These rules have been agreed on in the Admin meeting at Saturday, but we are still open for any changes." in the end :P And these are just suggestions of which we think they're quite right, but if we were 100% sure about that and wouldn't let anybody else's opinion being stated, we would have locked this thread immediately after posting, wouldn't have added that statement in the end asking for ur guys opinion and u would have been banned every time u told us ur opinion anywhere else :D

22. Apr 2013, 12:14
Profile Send private message E-mail Visit website
Ultimate Asshole

WARNING: The following post has inappropriate language. You have been warned

So here i go again. Point shit that seems im the only one who fucking notices.

Quote:
LmAo is a gaming community that puts their priority on their members. We pride ourselves in the fact that our leaders don't really make the dissensions...... we are of opinion that members come first....
Im sorry what happen to this????

So lets get this straight. There was an admin meeting? I mean it makes perfect FUCKING sense to host a admin meeting because we couldn't get a regular one going. To add to that what admins. Correct me if im wrong there is only 3 active admins (I count semi as active) then again ive been busy with stuff myself so i wouldn't know.

To answer why not both. How does one describe being active on forums. Having a number of posts under your name??? TeamSpeak is a must and any member should inform others of upcoming events. Ex: hey have u seen the event that we are doing.. Check it out on the forum.

from my point of view i think TeamSpeak is the most important thing, and i dare to say FUCK the forums. I don't have a problem with them its just my own personal preference.

Now for TeamSpeak being a mandatory thing for any type of scrim whether its in clan or pubs or competitive MICROPHONE IS A FUCKING MUST. I read these threads that people make when leaving the clan and it makes me laugh my fking balls off. "No teamwork" "No one is talking" etc. Well to those people i can only say one thing. TAKE THE FUCKING INITIATIVE

Which brings me to the most common problem we have as a clan at the moment. And in my eyes it should be a priority problem to solve. And that is Making people want to use their mics.

I've pointed out some of these things in many posts before and i think i need to start being more aggressive about it. (Caps, Big text size, Red text) Maybe then "Admins" will start fucking noticing.

Sorry for my language but some of these issues are starting to irritate me and with each day its seems like this clan dropped the ideals of what it was. Members having the pover.....

Im so off topic here but who gives a shit these days...

EDIT: And to be honest Psycon i didn't even finish reading what you posted because your becoming to sound like a broken record. Its all the same things. Its presented in a different way but non the less it is the same and it gets predictable.

22. Apr 2013, 14:07

Gambl3 wrote:
WARNING: The following post has inappropriate language. You have been warned

So here i go again. Point shit that seems im the only one who fucking notices.

Quote:
LmAo is a gaming community that puts their priority on their members. We pride ourselves in the fact that our leaders don't really make the dissensions...... we are of opinion that members come first....
Im sorry what happen to this????

So lets get this straight. There was an admin meeting? I mean it makes perfect FUCKING sense to host a admin meeting because we couldn't get a regular one going. To add to that what admins. Correct me if im wrong there is only 3 active admins (I count semi as active) then again ive been busy with stuff myself so i wouldn't know.

To answer why not both. How does one describe being active on forums. Having a number of posts under your name??? TeamSpeak is a must and any member should inform others of upcoming events. Ex: hey have u seen the event that we are doing.. Check it out on the forum.

from my point of view i think TeamSpeak is the most important thing, and i dare to say FUCK the forums. I don't have a problem with them its just my own personal preference.

Now for TeamSpeak being a mandatory thing for any type of scrim whether its in clan or pubs or competitive MICROPHONE IS A FUCKING MUST. I read these threads that people make when leaving the clan and it makes me laugh my fking balls off. "No teamwork" "No one is talking" etc. Well to those people i can only say one thing. TAKE THE FUCKING INITIATIVE

Which brings me to the most common problem we have as a clan at the moment. And in my eyes it should be a priority problem to solve. And that is Making people want to use their mics.

I've pointed out some of these things in many posts before and i think i need to start being more aggressive about it. (Caps, Big text size, Red text) Maybe then "Admins" will start fucking noticing.

Sorry for my language but some of these issues are starting to irritate me and with each day its seems like this clan dropped the ideals of what it was. Members having the pover.....

Im so off topic here but who gives a shit these days...

EDIT: And to be honest Psycon i didn't even finish reading what you posted because your becoming to sound like a broken record. Its all the same things. Its presented in a different way but non the less it is the same and it gets predictable.

Then next time u might wanna finish reading before u get this stuff wrong? How is asking members about their opinion and suggestions for the rules, which YOU, the members, asked for, and of whom we got some together in that admin meeting, posting them here in order to let YOU guys decide which additions and changes should be made, anything else than democratic? We're trying our best to get this stuff back, but u still complain about things which are apparently not the case. I mean, according to all those more or less crappy governments, electing some leaders who then decide what's gonna happen to laws n shit which are proposed by the government itself is already enough democracy. And what we do is trying to get a REAL democracy to this stuff. As i said, we do know things in the past should not have happened as they did, but for what should i say that if not for the change? And since there were no suggestion thread for the rules or anything like that posted in the suggestion section, of course we can't just wait until one of the members suggests something after half a year to "put the priority to our members", as u might have understood that phrase, and instead forget the duties as admins.

By the way, that wasn't just an admin meeting, more something for all admins and section leaders cus we also discussed other stuff related to games and not jus the rules.

For teamspeak and the forums i could say exactly the same again. U don't get to know of everything, u dont know what other ppl said who are not online at the same time and leaders are not able to get a sorted list of players who wouldn't attend an event. Also, forum activity is not about a post count, more about how much u know somebody, and if u don't see those ppl on the forums which u see on teamspeak all the time, u would also notice that.

Also, i already agreed on what u said for mic's for competetive gameplay, and we do know that issue with unused mics, but as i said, with the forums, and even with teamspeak despite no mic, people can still be part of this community and they also learn alot when hearing other ppl talking. Ofc, these players will no longer be allowed to play competetive games, but before somebody finds a proper solution, we should definitely not kick them. Dude, trust me, if there was an obvious solution for this except kicking everyone not using his mic, we would already have done that..

And mate, if u got suggestions which are not about the same topic as the thread u posted them in, create a new thread in the suggestions section! We are also just humans and we also forget things, but if we could at least find them easily, there'd be no problem at all with what u pointed out at.

22. Apr 2013, 15:07
Ultimate Asshole

Oh for fuck sakes... I give up....

22. Apr 2013, 16:45

Then just tell us why u dont like something and what we should do to change it. All u do is pointing out to problems we all know

Edit: added some forum rules. If u'd like to change any of them, give proper reasons and they'll be changed or removed

22. Apr 2013, 16:58