It is currently 19. Sep 2017, 16:10  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
FollowersFollowers: 1
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 5239

Discussion: New Ruleset 
AuthorMessage
The Only Person With A Brain

Unread post Re: New Ruleset
Psycon wrote:
Then next time u might wanna finish reading before u get this stuff wrong? How is asking members about their opinion and suggestions for the rules, which YOU, the members, asked for, and of whom we got some together in that admin meeting, posting them here in order to let YOU guys decide which additions and changes should be made, anything else than democratic? We're trying our best to get this stuff back, but u still complain about things which are apparently not the case. I mean, according to all those more or less crappy governments, electing some leaders who then decide what's gonna happen to laws n shit which are proposed by the government itself is already enough democracy. And what we do is trying to get a REAL democracy to this stuff. As i said, we do know things in the past should not have happened as they did, but for what should i say that if not for the change? And since there were no suggestion thread for the rules or anything like that posted in the suggestion section, of course we can't just wait until one of the members suggests something after half a year to "put the priority to our members", as u might have understood that phrase, and instead forget the duties as admins.

You're not serious, right? I've mentioned it several times on TeamSpeak that we need to get some general rules and forum rules going. I've suggested this same thin on the forums, only to have it ignored until I brought it up again. Why should there be a thread for this? Make a meeting for in and then you post the results of that meeting in a thread.

When you have an admin only meeting, keep it for admins only and don't turn around to tell us that some members had some input in that meeting. That's just bull shit.

Also, your "rant" about microphones... I have to read the TeamSpeak/in-game chat and that's distracting me so everybody just needs to spend 5 bucks and buy a fucking microphone! Yeah sure, it's great for the person who doesn't have a microphone that he gets to hear others talk and not having to read the chat. But I still need to read what that mute idiot is typing!

22. Apr 2013, 19:14
Profile Send private message E-mail
Soul-devouring rainbow cupcake

Nightfly wrote:
Psycon wrote:
Then next time u might wanna finish reading before u get this stuff wrong? How is asking members about their opinion and suggestions for the rules, which YOU, the members, asked for, and of whom we got some together in that admin meeting, posting them here in order to let YOU guys decide which additions and changes should be made, anything else than democratic? We're trying our best to get this stuff back, but u still complain about things which are apparently not the case. I mean, according to all those more or less crappy governments, electing some leaders who then decide what's gonna happen to laws n shit which are proposed by the government itself is already enough democracy. And what we do is trying to get a REAL democracy to this stuff. As i said, we do know things in the past should not have happened as they did, but for what should i say that if not for the change? And since there were no suggestion thread for the rules or anything like that posted in the suggestion section, of course we can't just wait until one of the members suggests something after half a year to "put the priority to our members", as u might have understood that phrase, and instead forget the duties as admins.

You're not serious, right? I've mentioned it several times on TeamSpeak that we need to get some general rules and forum rules going. I've suggested this same thin on the forums, only to have it ignored until I brought it up again. Why should there be a thread for this? Make a meeting for in and then you post the results of that meeting in a thread.

When you have an admin only meeting, keep it for admins only and don't turn around to tell us that some members had some input in that meeting. That's just bull shit.

Also, your "rant" about microphones... I have to read the TeamSpeak/in-game chat and that's distracting me so everybody just needs to spend 5 bucks and buy a fucking microphone! Yeah sure, it's great for the person who doesn't have a microphone that he gets to hear others talk and not having to read the chat. But I still need to read what that mute idiot is typing!

maybe i havent stated this clear enough, but saying in the beginning that i'm talking about the rules which you asked for should already tell that this is meant differently. What i mean are direct rule suggestions like "no discrimination" or whatsoever and some more to begin with. Cus that's possibly the only reason i could imagine gamble was complaining about the lacking democracy we have.

Also, there weren't just some members in that meeting as i said, but section leaders like reaper who should know of the general system and squad changes we have planned.

about that microphone stuff, i know, it's bad, but it might still be better than nothing. But still, you're right, that is not exactly good and i'll start a poll for that if u dont mind

22. Apr 2013, 19:33
Profile Send private message E-mail Visit website
Ultimate Asshole

Regarding the meeting.. I talked to sagopa about it and I'm not going to discuss that.. Can remind me who were in the meeting... I mean how can u call something a admin meeting when it's only certain people and not all "admins"...

I know what you are doing and I appreciate what you are doing for the clan but it seems like you are trying to take over the whole clan and doing everything without any agreement from others..

As for rules... Here are my thoughts..

#1 keep it within limits. No racism, controlled humor.
#2 no cheating.
#3 remain active

Here. Happy? it needs more wording work cause im on phone.. Feel free to rework that..

27. Apr 2013, 16:17

Gambl3 wrote:
Regarding the meeting.. I talked to sagopa about it and I'm not going to discuss that.. Can remind me who were in the meeting... I mean how can u call something a admin meeting when it's only certain people and not all "admins"...

I know what you are doing and I appreciate what you are doing for the clan but it seems like you are trying to take over the whole clan and doing everything without any agreement from others..

As for rules... Here are my thoughts..

#1 keep it within limits. No racism, controlled humor.
#2 no cheating.
#3 remain active

Here. Happy? it needs more wording work cause im on phone.. Feel free to rework that..

originally i told all admins and leaders, which are pubic, malf, sagopa, alex and reaper about that meeting. So it's not just certain people, but i can't change it if not everybody attends there. However, i've pm'ed all of them, giving them a list of which the few ppl, which were there, agreed on.
Btw, added ur 2nd and 3rd suggestion, the 1st one is already in the rules. And ofc we wouldn't warn anyone for racist jokes..cus yea, it's just jokes

27. Apr 2013, 18:16
The Only Person With A Brain

Psycon wrote:
Btw, added ur 2nd and 3rd suggestion, the 1st one is already in the rules. And ofc we wouldn't warn anyone for racist jokes..cus yea, it's just jokes

A racist joke can be just as offensive as a simple racist statement. I can form anything into a joke, does that make it less offensive? Racism is racism and shouldn't be allowed, period.

27. Apr 2013, 18:57
Ultimate Asshole

Am I not speaking English.. The reason I posted that suggestion is because thats what I think is the only rules we need. Rule set has to be simple/understandable and not a damn story book

28. Apr 2013, 00:02

Gambl3 wrote:
Am I not speaking English.. The reason I posted that suggestion is because thats what I think is the only rules we need. Rule set has to be simple/understandable and not a damn story book

but ppl wouldn't be sure what "being active" means to be. This way, we say participate on the forums and get on teamspeak, attend all the events if possible and if you're away for a while, tell us. Btw, reading those rules might take at most 3 minutes while they can even skip the squad part if they're not part of it, and most stuff are things ppl should already know cus that's the way being polite works. But there are always people not knowing about that stuff and that's why we added it. To make sure there won't happen any confusion.

Edit: Added a tl;dr anyways

28. Apr 2013, 07:50
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next